Monday, February 22, 2010

Back at It

We've lucked out with the weather the past couple days. The sun's out, and although it's not extremely warm, the dose of Vitamin D seems to put everyone in a good mood. Nick and I spent the afternoon at Green Lake yesterday ... it was beautiful!

It was so nice to be outside, soak up the sun, and get some exercise in. I have some upcoming events I'm now planning for: Puerto Vallarta with Nick in a couple months for our anniversary and The 3 Day in less than 7 months! Anticipating both the beach and walking 60 miles, I'm trying to get my weight and fitness level under control. I know what works: eating better and moving more. It's no secret!

So far, so good. Nick and I walked over 4+ miles yesterday at Green Lake (along with every other Seattleite!) This morning I was up at 4:30 am and headed to the gym ... a great start to the week. :) I also bought new shoes yesterday so I'm ready to walk... my official training walks will be starting soon. I'll keep you posted on how it's going!

2 comments:

erinrwillis said...

Good luck w/your exercise program! I know you can do it! I'd love to do the 3-Day sometime! I don't know if they have it around here....

And Puerto Vallarta! HOW EXCITING!!

Couggal44 said...

Sounds like tons of fun going on for you! Hope you enjoy every minute!!