Wednesday, June 24, 2009

For Today

Ali Edwards recently posted a fun little 'survey' that I thought I could do ... you know, to be ambitious and make this my 2nd post for 2009!

FOR TODAY
June 24, 2009

Outside my window... the sun is shining - I'm SO glad it's back!

I am thinking... of everything I need to do tonight (laundry, packing, print pictures, etc.) before going in to work early tomorrow.

I am thankful for... little reminders of Katherine I experience - yesterday I gave a homeless man $5 since it's totally something she would've done. I constantly ask myself 'What would Katherine do...' and end up with a smile.

From the kitchen... of Starbucks :) I'm eating a yogurt parfait and Iced Caramel Macchiato - yum!

I am wearing... jeans, light brown v-neck and blue tank.

I am creating... a yearbook album for all my SISters to sign this weekend. It's nothing fancy, I can always embellish later, right??

I am going... to Tennessee TOMORROW! I'm headed to SISiversary and can't wait to meet new friends, hang out with old friends, laugh, take pictures, make memories and scrap! I have some KICK ASS roomies (Andrea, Pam, Tracy, Aimee, Erin & Steph - yes, there will be 7 of us!) that I can't wait to hang with.

I am reading... The Darling by Russell Banks (on tape during my drives) and The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death by Laurie Notaro - Laurie Notaro is hilarious!!!

I am hoping... I can limit what I bring to still be productive and not ridiculously overpacked. I'm a notorious overpacker - argh.

I am hearing... Pandora - I have a Sugarland station that rocks!

Around the house... I have suitcases out ready to be packed (and it's not even 3am the day I leave, so unusual!) and tons of scrap stuff ready to be organized and packed.

One of my favorite things... emails and texts saying 'I'm thinking of you...' :)

A few plans for the rest of the week... go to Old Navy during lunch for some more tanks (it's going to be in the 90s (!!) in TN), stop at Lasting Memories on my way home tonight to pick up a Tiny Fastener, work tomorrow until 1ish, then off to Nashville!

See, that wasn't too difficult, was it?? I actually made some Mini Moos for SISiversary and included my blog address on them ... which means I really should post more! :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I had a BLAST! So glad you got to come!

erinrwillis said...

Thanks for your comment today.... And I love this survey! I'm going to do it too!