Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One Little Word

For the past two years, I have chosen One Little Word to concentrate my efforts for the year. 2007's word was BELIEVE and 2008 was FOCUS. Whereas I can continue to use both words as areas of focus (no pun intended), I decided to choose a new word for 2009. Here it is, with some of the definitions that stuck out to me.

bal⋅ance   /ˈbæləns/
a state of equilibrium or equipoise; an adjustment of accounts; the power or means to decide.

"Work, love and play are the great balance wheels of man's being.” - Orison Swett Marden


I'm looking forward to seeking balance in 2009- with my job, my home, my life, on the scale (LOL). When I think of walking on a balance beam, you can't rush through, or you'll fall. I'll try to slow down and focus as I strive towards balance.

I encourage you to pick a word in the new year!

2 comments:

Couggal44 said...

How inspiring!! I'll have to try to come up with something.

miss violonjello said...

My word for 2009 is determination! But I love balance... maybe I'll need some of that after being so determined for a year!