Thursday, October 1, 2009

Good Grief: Ask A Child

Time for another challenge at Good Grief! This challenge was to ask a child about your loved one. Since I don't have any children in my life that I could talk to about my aunt or Grandma, I thought I'd journal to myself as a child. My layouts for this challenge:

Did You Know?
Journaling (on tag): Did you know? She would change your life more than you could ever imagine? She was more than an aunt, but an inspiration? You would later cherish these times, wondering what you two were thinking? You would wish you could spend just one more day with her?

Remember
This layout didn't include anywhere I could put journaling. So I'm going to be including the story of this picture on the back of the layout: This picture of my Grandma and me represents a day where one of my very first memories happened. We were taking a ferry to visit my granparents' good friends, the Becks. I remember sitting on Isabelle Beck’s countertop as she painted my toenails ... and years later, I still referred to her as the lady who painted my toenails. At only 27 months old, I don’t remember many details of the day, or the ferry ride, but I love this picture, knowing that one of my first memories at that time was later documented.

Thanks for looking - and be sure to link up your layouts if you play along. I'd love to see them!

3 comments:

erinrwillis said...

You're really blowing me away w/these Good Grief LO's. I just love the heartfelt-ness (I know that's not a word) in them!!

Stephanie said...

Dude, cute layouts! I need to bookmark your blog!

Christina C. said...

what lovely layouts! and great photos as well. :)